Amy Tracy is an experienced trial attorney who enjoys complex litigation and transportation law. Ms. Tracy represents clients throughout the United States and has represented cases at various levels of state court, federal court, and on appeal. She enjoys the strategy involved in mediation. Ms. Tracy became a litigator because it was the best way to fulfill her competitive streak when her college basketball career came to a close.
Ms. Tracy’s litigation experience began in Little Rock, Arkansas, with the firm of Munson, Rowlett, Moore & Boone, where she practiced for eight years before relocating to Roanoke, Virginia. Ms. Tracy routinely provided rapid response and defense services to her transportation clients throughout the I-40 and I-30 corridor, as well as handling a plethora of bad faith and complex insurance coverage and defense and commercial matters. Ms. Tracy’s experience also includes working as Corporate Claims Counsel for an employee-owned company in the business of household goods moving and storage, freight, equipment rental and sales, and equipment repair and service. Ms. Tracy assisted with the development and maintenance of safety programs, as well as the day-to-day handling of claims and litigation, and the overall handling of in-house legal needs, which enhanced her practical understanding of corporate culture to better serve her defense client’s needs.
Ms. Tracy enjoys spending time with her toddler and husband, watching Arkansas Razorback sports, reading, and hiking the many trails in Southwest Virginia. Ms. Tracy is a fair-weather runner and enjoys riding her Peloton when she can’t be outside.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock, William H. Bowen School of Law, J.D. with honors
- Law Review Executive Editor
- Law Review Associate Research Editor
- Dean’s Certificate for Public Service
Evangel University, Springfield, MO, Summa Cum Laude, Bachelor of Science Journalism/Government, minor Business Administration
- Women’s Basketball letter winner and team captain
- NAIA Academic All-American
Bar and Court Admissions:
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western District of Arkansas
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Roanoke Bar Association
- Virginia Trucking Association
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Insurance, Little Rock Soiree Magazine, 2016, 2018
- Arkansas Supreme Court-Certified Mediator, 2010-2014
Seminars and Presentations:
- Evidentiary Strategies for Handling CSA Data, Northwest Arkansas Trucking Seminar, 2013
- Wisdom on Wednesdays, webinar series addressing insurance defense topics, presented to Allstate claim adjusters, 2015
- Various rapid response and preservation strategies training while serving as Corporate Claims Counsel at Lawrence Companies, Inc., 2018-2019
- “Great Google-y Moogley: The Effect and Enforcement of Click Fraud and Online Advertising” UALR Law Review, Spring 2010
- “Athletic Discipline for Non-Sport Player Misconduct: The Role of College Athletic Department and Professional League Discipline and the Legal System’s Penalties and Remedies” Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, Spring 2010