Mr. Kaseorg is a civil defense and commercial litigator with a diverse practice ranging from representing trucking companies in personal injury disputes to representing corporations in contract disputes.
Mr. Kaseorg’s past litigation experience includes representing clients in UCC contract disputes, defending clients in products liability and toxic tort cases, pursuing claims in high-value real estate contract disputes involving medical office complexes, and representing shareholders in mass-action mortgage and asset backed securities lawsuits in connection with the 2008 financial crisis.
Prior to becoming a litigator, Mr. Kaseorg worked as a regulatory attorney for a large law firm in Richmond, where he performed regulatory analysis for health care providers and plan sponsors, counseled clients in False Claims Act proceedings, assisted clients in Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse prevention, and represented hospitals in licensing applications and appeals.
Outside of work, Mr. Kaseorg regularly judges law school moot court competitions and is an avid runner and Ultimate Frisbee player. Mr. Kaseorg serves as Commissioner for Church Hill Ultimate, a local sports organization. Mr. Kaseorg is also an active member of Remnant Church, where he serves as a worship leader – playing electric guitar.
Washington and Lee University School of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- Washington and Lee Law Review, Staffwriter
- 2013 ABA Appellate Advocacy Competition, 4th Place National Overall Advocate
University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts, Economics
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Virginia Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi
- Federalist Society
- Library of Congress Releases 2018 DMCA Exemptions, Lawful Thoughts, Spotts Fain (October 2018)
- Co-author, Specialty Physician Practice Acquisition Trends In 2014, Law360 (February 2015)
- Remedies Available for Medicare Part C Organizations to Recover Overpayments, Bender’s Health Care Law Monthly, LexisNexis, 2014-6 Bender’s Health Care Law Monthly 01 (2014) (June 2014)
- Flirting With Disaster: CDA 230’s Overbroad Protection of Dating Websites and the Unenforceability of Reputational Assertions, Michigan IT Lawyer (October 2013)
- Wanderlust: The ‘curious exploration’ partial-access problems in campus Local Area Networks, Michigan IT Lawyer (May 2013)
- Co-author, Discovery in MABSL, § 8:131 – 39 in Mortgage and Asset Backed Securities Litigation Handbook, Thomson Reuters (December 2012)
- Shareholder Inspection Rights and ‘Proper Purpose’ in a Social Entrepreneurship Context, Business Law Practice Note, Richmond Bar Association (March 2012)