Megan A. Wagner is an experienced trial attorney who practices in workers’ compensation, trucking and transportation liability, personal injury, insurance defense, insurance coverage, labor and employment law, premises liability, and real estate litigation.
Prior to coming to Setliff Law, Megan was a high-volume litigation attorney in Chicago where she managed all aspects of more than 1000 litigated cases during her career. She has successfully argued before the Workers’ Compensation Commission, Circuit Court, and the Appellate Court.
Megan obtained her Juris Doctorate at Chicago-Kent College of Law. She was awarded a Certificate in Labor & Employment Law. She was an editor of the Employee Rights & Employment Policy Journal and the Illinois Public Employee Relations Report. Megan was a finalist in the Charles Evans Hughes Oral Argument competition. Additionally, she was consistently on the Dean’s List, was awarded merit scholarships each semester for academic success, and was elected to be her class representative each year of law school.
Prior to graduating law school, Megan worked as a Law Clerk in two prominent Chicago Labor and Employment law firms. She also held positions as Judicial Extern to the Honorable Elizabeth Loredo-Rivera in the Cook County Circuit Court and Federal Judicial Extern to the Honorable Jack Schmetterer in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois.
Megan is the daughter of a truck driver/former owner of a small, family trucking business and a doting stay-at-home mother, who raised her on a farm in rural Indiana. It was there that she learned the value of hard work, integrity, and a firm handshake which have served her well throughout her career.
Megan resides in the Richmond area with her family. They enjoy swimming, playing games, reading, and exploring Richmond together.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2011
- B.A., Cum Laude, Political Science, Minor in Philosophy and Religion, Columbia College 2007
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Virginia, 2018
- Illinois, 2011
- Virginia Workers’ Compensation Inn of Court
Seminars and Presentations:
- “Investigation and Defense of Workers’ Compensation Claims,” Virginia Loggers Association Conference, April 2018
- Workers’ Compensation Basics, Presentation to Virginia Movers and Warehousemen’s Association, January 31, 2018
- “Workers’ Compensation 101,” presentation to Chicago area physical therapists, Spring 2015
- “Anti-Discrimination Training,” presentation to Chicago area hotel staff, Fall 2010
Community Activities and Hobbies:
- Richmond Area Women’s Book Club, Founder
- Sports Backers’ Running Club, Member
- University of Richmond’s Feminist Camp, Sponsor (providing resume workshops, job search mentorship, and networking opportunities for recent college graduates)