Nearly every commercial truck driver currently required to keep a paper log must start using electronic logs by December 2017. Motor carriers are required to ensure that their vehicles are equipped with compliant electronic logging devices (ELDs). Setliff Law is partnering with The Virginia Trucking Association to host several seminars to educate the industry as to what the ELD regulations say and what must be done to be in compliance. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to hear from fleets that have already switched to ELDs and the lessons they learned, including advice on how to make the transition easier and the real world impacts individual companies could face. Finally, representatives from several ELD manufacturers and providers will be on hand to demonstrate and discuss their ELD compliance solutions. Seminar segments include:
- ELDs: Overview of the Regulations and How to Comply: Presenters are Steve Setliff and Kevin Coghill from Setliff Law, P.C.
- ELDs: Lessons Learned & Real World Challenges:Presenters are representatives from some of Virginia’s leading trucking fleets that have already implemented ELDs in their operations.
- ELDs: Product Demonstrations & Compliance Solutions: Presenters are representatives from ELD manufacturers and providers.
Seminar Dates & Locations:
- Tuesday, September 13 at Bass Pro Shop, 11550 Lakeridge Pkwy, Ashland, VA 23005
- Wednesday, September 14 at Holiday Inn -Tanglewood, 4468 Starkey Rd, Roanoke, VA 24018
|9:00 a.m.||Registration & Refreshments|
|10:00 a.m.||Seminar Begins –||ELDs: Overview of the Regulations & How to Comply|
|11:00 a.m.||ELDs: Lessons Learned & Real World Challenges|
|12 Noon||Lunch (included)|
|1:00 p.m.||ELDs: Product Demonstrations & Compliance Solutions|
|2:30 p.m.||Wrap Up & Conclusion|
**Register today! Space is limited to 50 participants per location! To register online go to www.vatrucking.org and scroll down to “Upcoming Events” and click on the location you want to attend and then click on the “Register” button to sign up.