December 7th, 2016 at 3:01pm
Nearly every commercial truck driver currently required to keep a paper log must start using electronic logs by December 2017. Motor carriers are required to ensure that their vehicles are equipped with compliant electronic logging devices (ELDs).
The Virginia Trucking Association is hosting seminars detailing what the ELD regulations are and what steps companies need to take to be in compliance. The seminars will offer presentations covering a wide range of expertise regarding the new regulations:
● ELDs: Overview of the Regulations and How to Comply: Presenters are Steve Setliff and Kevin Coghill with the law firm Setliff Law.
● ELDs: Lessons Learned & Real World Challenges: Presenters are representatives some of Virginia’s leading trucking fleets that have already implemented ELDs in their operations.
● ELDs: Product Demonstrations & Compliance Solutions: Presenters are representatives from ELD manufacturers and providers.
Seminar Dates & Locations:
- Friday, January 20 at Keystone Tractor Museum, 880 W. Rosyln Road, Colonial Heights, VA 23834
- Friday, January 27 at Blue Ridge Community College, Plecker Workforce Center, One College Lane, Weyers Cave, VA 24486
9 a.m. Registration and refreshments
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. ELDs: Overview of the Regulations and How to Comply (Steve Setliff and Kevin Coghill, presenters)
11 a.m. – noon ELDs: Lessons Learned & Real World Challenges
Lunch – included with registration
1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ELDs: Product Demonstrations & Compliance Solutions
2:30 p.m. – Wrap Up and Conclusion
$50 per VTA Member Registrant
$100 per Non-Member Registrant**
To register, please call Robyn Bolton at the VTA 804.355.5371
**If a non-member company joins the Virginia Trucking Association within 60 days of attending the seminar the difference between the member fees and non-member fees paid will be discounted from your first year dues.